I knew that Real Republicans were not represented by those that dominate the air waves. People of good conscience and common sense DO make up the real majority of the GOP. These are the people who would have a civilized discourse with the Democratic party without resorting to lies, fear-mongering, name calling, and out right threats. This was the GOP whom I have supported on many occasions throughout the years. They spoke more to issues I was concerned about louder than the Democrats and my vote reflected this. I don’t appreciate the blatant disrespect for my intelligence by the current leadership in their tactics of shrill and dangerous rhetoric.
Mr Russell King who runs the American Dad Blog on Talking Points Memo breaks down what I believe most rational Republicans believe. Please read his post from March 22, 2010, An open letter to conservatives. His clarity of thought and argument against the current leaders’ strategies from the Karl Rove outdated playbook prove that rational people don’t buy in their hate-filled garbage either. Republicans in growing numbers are looking for regime change to use Rush Limbaugh’s word of the day for the Obama Administration.
Hats of to Russell King!! A Republican of character and conscience. One who recognizes that an intelligent and thoughtful 2 party system is the true strength of America. At least he has tried to bring the GOP express of the crazy train track. Please go here for more of Mr. King’s analysis.
- Stranger In This Land » Blog Archive » “War, Peace and Social Conscience: Guy F. Hershberger and Mennonite Ethics.” Part 1
- My interviews at Google ( Stochastic Geometry )
- Platform 10 » Blog Archive » Grabbing the airwaves
- Conservatives — Can you read this summary of the Cap and Trade bill without foaming at the mouth? | Efficient Energy
- How to Optimize Your Site for Better Loading Time | How To | instantShift
- The Morning Dig: Our Editor Hits the Airwaves to Talk High Speed Rail » INFRASTRUCTURIST
- Commentary » Blog Archive » The Green Movement: A Work in Progress
Originally posted 2010-04-05 17:41:22.